ADVENTURE MOTORCYCLE TOURS


PLANNING FOR THE 2nd ADVENTURE MISSION 

The Distant - 1600 kilometers 
The Days - 6
Scheduled Date - 30th April to 6th of May 2020
The above dates definitely will be rearranged due to new corona virus.   




When i take part in an adventure motorcycle 
tour i do carry a message to the people whom 
i meet here and there about the values of 
Nature. Now i do not have to spend hours of 
talking the subject. They can watch and learn 
for the betterment of world tomorrow.    




DAY TRIP TO MANNAR ON 08TH FEBRUARY 2019
LEFT AT 3.00 am AND REACHED VANKALAI BS MANNAR 
AROUND 5.20 am



 On our way back the scenery's were fantastic. This picture above 
contains farmers waiting for their harvest 

DUAL PURPOSE ADVENTURE MOTORCYCLE JOURNEY 
THROUGH WILDERNESS – PART ONE
(Finishing The Unfinished)

HABARANA - KATARAGAMA - HABARANA




DUAL PURPOSE ADVENTURE JOURNEY 

It is really fun. Unfortunately I did not have any supporting riders to share this fun. I started my journey from Habarana Sri Lanka around 5.45 am to travel 280.5 km to Kataragama. It was my planed destination. At 112 km I stopped my Demak DTM 150 dual purpose adventure bike to ease off my hands and legs. I drank enough water to stop from dehydration while travelling. Bakamuna to Hettipola and thereafter from Hettipola to Bibile the road was classic. Ridden through many sharp bends (corners), climbs & steep down hills like it has been tailor made for dual purpose adventure riding. When I reached Buttala I just stopped for a break and to get attended to the adjustment of the chain tension. After the adjustment of the chain tension the plan is to reach the required destination. From Buttala I turned in to Kataragama road to conclude the days travelling. I was maintaining a speed limit of 92 km to 100 km till I reached the 37 km post from the nearby town where I started my journey after the second break. There was a huge road block….The famous Elephant named Raja. This fellow elephant always stands on the road side waiting to demand for food from the pilgrims who take this road to Kataragama. It is advised that you to take some fruits to give him.  After offering of fruits, then he moves away from the road, allowing you to proceed ahead. I faced the same and I offered him a melon and then went pass by him. Finally I reached the most waiting destination. I stayed at the Sri Lanka Tourist Board Guest House made for local tourist and I had a cool shower, slept for a while to take part in the 6.30 pm service at the Historic God Kataragama Shrine.  After the service was ended I came back to the guest house and I met two personalities the farther in law of the Manager Mr. Dushyanth Mendis of the  guest house. The night was spent seated and talking in the veranda on various subjects, mainly about elephants. The sleep came dashing and the good nights were heard then walked into my room No.15.
As usual I woke up very early and I packed my things on the bike. The breakfast was at 7.00 am.  Rotti, Dhal & coconut samboll (vegetarian guest house) were served at the breakfast with a cup of milk tea. 

The clock marked 7.30am. The time has come to start my journey back to the place where I started. First thing first and went to the pumping station to fill the tank.  Here I go…Again at the 37 km post I encountered the elephant Raja. He was having his breakfast facing the bush. I did not have any problems escaping from him. Reached Dambulla by 12.25 pm and while heading towards Habarana got caught to heavy rain and I was held up for almost two hours. Finally I made it home after doing 561 km both ways. Touch-wood the bike I traveled the Demak DTM 150cc never made any kind of fussiness of taking all the beatings. The ride was just extremely fantastic. It is a real JOURNEY THROUGH WILDERNESS.